Madigan AMC Real Estate
Lewis-McChord Homes For Sale | Madigan AMC Real Estate For Sale
"Your knowledge and expertise in the housing market, coupled with your relaxed attitude, helped lead us to the right home and the right neighborhood. We appreciate your knowledge and dedication." -The Cohen Family
Madigan AMC Real Estate For Sale and Off Post Housing
If you expect to PCS to Joint Base Lewis-McChord, this website offers a portal to the local MLS (to search for listings), as well as a link to my "Buyers Tool Box" with educational information about the home buying process from start to finish.
The Madigan Army Medical Center is one of a number of large organizations residing on Joint Base Lewis-McChord. On a personal note, Madigan is the best Army hospital I have ever visited...the climate of the hospital is totally patient oriented, appts for most clinics are available in days rather than weeks, and Madigan is on point for many new DOD and Army programs. In the near future, Madigan will establish satellite clinics in the communities around Ft. Lewis (Yes, off post clinics). These clinics are planned to make receiving Tricare treatment easier both for families residing in off base housing, as well as retirees. The Madigan and greater Lewis-McChord area is home to somewhere in the neighborhood of 50,000 retirees.
If you expect to relocate to Madigan, or to one of the community clinics, I would very much like to offer you real estate representation with an expert intimately familiar with military relocations and PCS moves.
If you would like to purchase a home with the care, protection and guidance of an expert, one who has an expert team, I offer you my services.
- Real estate and homes for sale in the Lewis-McChord area. I work around the entire perimeter of the bases to include the cities of Lacey, Yelm, Olympia, Dupont, Spanaway, Lakewood, Tumwater, Tacoma; all of Pierce and Thurston Counties in Washington.
- Before buying a home, make sure you learn the market: Check out the Market Snapshot Report.
- Real estate Representation with a clear plan, goals and objectives to insure that you get the right home, right now!
- Information about quarters on Fort Lewis Wa is available thru the housing office. Quarters are typically available for most soldiers/paygrades, off post housing is a very economical alternative to spending your entire BAH for quarters. With current interest
- rates, home payments are often less than your BAH, and real estate is still a great investment.
- Post or Off Post Housing?
- PCS, or Permanent Change of Station relocation to JB Lewis-McChord and Madigan AMC is my specialty. As a retired Army First Sergeant, I love what I do, and I love the fact that I can continue to work with soldiers.
- TDY for house hunting is really recommended, and can be authorized by your chain of command. You must pay for the trip, but you are not charged leave. I really encourage you to take advantage of this program...and I really advise against not making the trip and buying sight unseen.
- VA loan information - If you need help getting qualified with a reputable lender, experienced at closing VA loans in Washington, I can help.
- Sponsorship? Jen Warren is our relocation sponsor. Jen is not an agent, she is a resource that I make available to you in the hope of making your relocation as smooth as possible. Get to know Jen in the Relocation Dept.
Relocation information for Joint Base Lewis-McChord and Madigan AMC
- Per diem….Per Diem rates for Joint Base Lewis McChord are available on the DFAS website.
- Lodging..The Fort Lewis Lodge and the McChord AFB lodge are available to those arriving in Washington.
- Other facilities are available to those visiting Madigan, such as the Fischer House. More information is available on the Madigan Army Medical Center Website.
- Search the Multiple Listing Service, or MLS, to find homes for sale in the Madigan area.
- Get More Military Relocation and PCS information from The Relocation Department.
- VA mortgage
- VA loan
- VA home loan
- Home Buyer Education
- Home Seller Training
- Real Estate Instruction
- Your guide to Real Estate
Madigan AMC Housing and Home Buying FAQ:
Q Where are the most common places people live who work at Madigan?
A Lacey, Yelm, Spanaway, and Roy are really popular with people working at Madigan. Although Lakewood and Tillicum are right outside the gate, they both have a less than perfect reputation….although Lakewood does contain some very nice homes and neighborhoods. The Roy and Spanaway areas are easily accessed via the East Gate, and the Roy Gate, which was closed in 2012, hopefully not permanentely.
Q How is Tillicum?
A Tillicum has had a bad rep since the days of the Vietnam War. Most of the clubs and other “bad stuff” have gone away, and while there are still some problems, some folks really like it there. It really depends on your lifestyle, and what you are used to.
Q Is it easy to get out the back gate to Yelm and Roy?
A As I mentioned, the East gate is the best bet if you are coming from or to Madigan. You can cross the training area, and make pretty good time to Roy (10 Min), and Yelm (20-25).
Q How far is the Drive to Lacey v Yelm v Spanaway
A Lacey is the furthest, at about 30 minutes. Madigan has it’s own gate onto I-5, so it is quick to get on the freeway, and traffic is generally light south of post…and gets bad going north right in front of post.
Q Are there options other than the Madigan gate onto I-5?
A There are a number of ways to cut across post, or even McChord. I frequently cross post and use the Dupont Gate, cutting a bad part of the freeway out.
Q What is the cross base freeway?
A The Cross Base Freeway is a new road project that will extend 176th St in Spanaway across the training area, and will come out in the vicinity of the Lincoln Gate/old Madigan/1SFG. Work has started, and should be complete in 2013???
Q I have been told good and bad things about Spanaway…what is your opinion?
A I think Spanaway offers the best of city and country. The further west you are (closer to I-5), the more city it is…go east towards Mt Rainier, and you see nothing but horse farms and small acreages.